Electrolux induction & OTR microwave selection

blynn123October 6, 2013

I am replacing several kitchen appliances and am feeling overwhelmed with information! This forum has been the most useful in narrowing my selection, but I have a couple of questions.

I only have the option of an electric free standing range, and am leaning towards getting an induction range. I really like the cooktop control, but also need to balance that with a high quality oven. I don't really like the look of the Electrolux wave, but I can sacrifice looks for functionality and reliability. Does anyone have this range? And how has your experience been? (I really LOVE the look of Dacor and Viking, but don't know about reliability...which is very important.)

I also only have the option of an OTR microwave (we had an old, coil double electric stove when we moved in....you know, popular in the 70s ans 80s). Quiet is extremely important as my husband has some hearing loss that he doesn't want to accelerate. I'm looking at the LG LMVH1711ST. Again, any experience or other recommendations?

And finally I would love to replace our dishwasher...a Bosch ecosense that isn't too quiet, but isn't too noisy, but the loading configuration is horrible! It is so hard to fit bowls and off size dishes or wine glasses in the dw. I had to read the instruction book to see how to load it (no kidding!) so now I do all the loading! Agin quiet is a priority.

Budget between $10-$15K...but really just looking for high quality, highly functional and reliable.. Comments, suggestions, and feedback appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clarabelled

Hi,
I just bought the Electrolux. Funny, because I DO like the look which is why I eventually picked it over the GE. If $$ were no object, I would have seriously considered the Dacor but it's easily 2k more and that was a deal breaker for me. Heard bad things about the Viking. As for the OTR micro, I have the LG now and it's not great for smells. I bought an under cabinet 440 cfm broan hood and am wondering if I should upgrade to 600 cfm. Also just bought the Bosch 800 dlx which I heard good things about and I loved my last Bosch. I don't have any of these appliances yet but I too agonized over everything and am just hoping it will all work out. This site is amazingly helpful.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 11:07AM
weedmeister

I think 'quiet' and 'otr microwave' don't belong in the same sentence.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 3:40PM
blynn123

Thanks for the response clarabelled. I hope all of your appliances live up to expectations as well! I think I am going to go with the Electrolux...just can't decide about the microwave (although maybe I can look into a range hood).

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
Unnecessary drama with Miele dishwasher...
The salt/softener tank on my ten-year-old Miele Incognito...
howardgee
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™