Voltage

SpiceIslanderOctober 16, 2013

Can anyone please tell me what voltage as in an electric oven in a dual fuel free standing range will be in the USA?

I need to buy one and am not in the USA. Our electricity is 220V. I will need to import it.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

It's 240 volt and 120 volt as we use 2 hots, and ground, and a neutral to enable dual voltage appliances. It's also 60 cycle instead of the 50 cycle 240 that Europe uses. Your controls, clocks, computers, and other mechanisms in the range that run off of the 120 won't work correctly, if at all.

You will be much better off purchasing a range meant for the country that you want to use it in.

Here is a link that might be useful: World Voltage

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 1:20PM
llaatt22

There are export versions of many American made large kitchen appliances suitable for the British derived voltage and frequencies used in the West Indies. Unless you know someone who has successfully self imported such an appliance and is willing to share the details with you, be very cautious about ordering anything. You may find out too late you have bought something that requires much addition expense to work in your locale plus it may not even meet local govt standards for importation.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 1:34PM
SpiceIslander

Thank you both very much.

We are 220v, 50cycle here in Grenada. It is the same as the UK but importing from the UK is really expensive.

The shops here do not carry much choice or stock of anything! The price I pay for living in paradise!!

Guess I will get an all gas range.

Again, thanks very much.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
johnnytugs1! Thank you!
John, Thank you for your valuable advice! After a long...
emmachas_gw
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Capital Culinarian Huge Problems - HORRIBLE customer service!
I bought a Culinarian because of what I read here on...
explauren
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™