How to Edit Your Posts

gwtamaraNovember 26, 2012

Hi everyone,
We've been working on adding an 'edit post' feature and hope to have it fully functional this week. We are rolling it out to a select few forums (including this one) for testing and would appreciate your feedback.
To edit, once you have loaded the page where your post is located, look to the right and you'll see an edit link just under the Clippings area. This will open up the post and you'll be able to make your changes. It will be very similar to making changes in the Preview window when you make an original post.

You will not be able to edit your Subject line.

You will only be able to edit messages that you've posted today and beyond. Messages that you've posted before last Friday will not be accessible with the edit post feature. Also, once you have posted a new message, there is no time limit to make your edits.

Once you've changed your post, a notation is added to the bottom of the post, showing that it's edited. There is always a log kept of the original post.

If you experience any problems, please be specific as to what you are seeing and - very importantly - what type of computer and browser (and version) you are using. Please post issues/feedback to this thread.

Any questions, let me know!

Best,

Tamara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

This should be interesting. Thanks for the information. Maybe I should add that I will use this feature when I see that I misspelled a word, cause I'm not that good.

This post was edited by enduring on Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 6:41

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 6:38AM
barbcollins

I assume you can only edit your own post, which have wanted to do numerous times to correct my own spelling errors :)

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:55AM
enduring

It has been working for me just fine. I have a mac and use safari version 5.1.7 I have practiced several times here, and maybe in the kitchen forum. Only my post are editable. I see as I go back to edit I only have edit options on my 2 post. I like it.

This post was edited by enduring on Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 11:02

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 11:00AM
mongoct

Oh I like that.

Too many times I'm interrupted when composing a post, I might start it but not actually post it until hours later. I'll cut and paste to reorder my thoughts and if I'm in a rush I'll post. Then read it later and roll my eyes when I see a paragraph repeated or a silly spelling error.

I just had one on thermostatic versus pressure-balanced valves. It took 5 minutes to type, but those 5 minutes were spread over 90 minutes. When I proof-read? Oh the horror!

Thanks for the editing upgrade.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
Vote Now on Color Plan 1, 2, or 3!
I have been planning the bathroom remodel for two years...
nancyinmich
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
New build master bath layout help please
I’m a little stuck, and looking for ideas. In the...
am_e
Size of light in powder room?
We are building right now. My plan for the half bath...
brodyt
Sponsored Products
Maxim Lighting 85037MOSE Santa Barbara EE Sienna Outdoor Post Light
Littman Bros Lighting
Green Matters Posts 1-Light Outdoor Fruitwood Fluorescent Post Light HD-3911
Home Depot
Hinkley Lighting Quincy Oil Rubbed Bronze Incandescent Outdoor Post Light
$199.00 | LuxeDecor
AICO Furniture - Essex Manor Queen Poster Bed - N76000QNP-57
Great Furniture Deal
Monterey 60" Bathroom Vanity Set - Espresso
Modern Bathroom