Issues with both computers i just cant figure out.

polarprincessSeptember 30, 2012

On my existing computer i started getting all kinds of messages about too much memory being used and to close and reopen program. then i started getting the blue screen of death and my computer would shut down. then i started getting kicked off the internet constantly. it would always come right back but then do it over and over. because i am a medical transcriptionist and rely on a good functioning computer i ordered a new one. i got a dell 8 gb memory, 1 tb hard drive with the newer i5 processor. i have barely even used this new computer because it is unbearably slow. so slow that it takes at least 25 to 30 seconds to open a web page and when it does, it too constantly kicks me off.

my router is upstairs in my bedroom not that far from where i work upstairs, but usually i use my computers (laptops) in the basement and have about 3 lines on the signal strength. I am wondering if the being kicked off the internet on both computers may be a sign i need a new router?

how about my new computer? why is it so slow? could it be becuase of bloatware? i looked though all the stuff on the computer and was confused as to what programs etc could safely be removed. also, could it be the mcaffee on there hogging resources? should i just remove it and use AVG? i dont know where to start. it is seriously bad.

Any help would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

pcdecrapifier
read its name carefully to see what it does.

For new computers it selects some of the well known not needed junk you might not want.

Plus it lists all programs seperately and offers to remove there too .. but your choice then.

Sounds like wifi interfierence or just a bad internet connection. Could be the router. Maybe you have a neighbor with new wifi messing you up... inSSIDer is a handy thing for that.. http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/download

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:12AM
polarprincess

thanks. i will check those out tomorrow.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 1:02AM
coralred

Try connecting via lan cable and see if the slow web loading goes away.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 3:29AM
mike_kaiser_gw

A poor internet connection wouldn't cause as BSOD. They're typically driver or hardware related. Did you happen to write down the exact error name and any codes?

You might want to take a look at the attached article.

Here is a link that might be useful: BSOD

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™