27" Double Wall Ovens

srsshapiroOctober 7, 2013

Please help! I am looking to replace my 8 year old Jenn-Air double convect wall ovens which have only brought me aggravation. I am looking at KitchenAid KEBS277(or279)BSS, General Electric profile PK7500SFSS, or Electrolux EW27EW65GS. I am open to suggestion on other models. I am looking at either both ovens having convection or just one. I know with convection ovens tend to be a little noisy but if it works properly, I won't mind the noise. How do they cook items when there are 2 or three items on the racks. How is the cleaning? Do items cook evenly? How long does it take to preheat? I have tried to find reviews on the items, but none are current. Its an expensive appliance and I don't want to make another mistake (case in pt, my JennAir after only 8 years). Please advise.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larecoltante

I have the Electrolux double ovens. I had to replace the Frigidaire double ovens in my current kitchen and am not ready for a complete redo, so I had to get ones that fit the cabinet exactly. The Electrolux were the only convection ovens that fit. I like them. They heat up quickly, the racks glide easily, and they seem to heat evenly, although I think the lower oven runs just a little hot. I really like the proofing/warming function. I don't find them particularly noisy and I'm pretty sensitive to sounds. In my previous house I had a single Thermador wall oven and I think its convection was better. However, the electronic control panel went out repeatedly & I spent almost 2k trying to repair it, to no avail. The Thermador repair service was terrible and customer service was worse. (I was in Southern California at the time.). I ended up replacing it with a Kitchen Aid and didn't like the convection at all.

When I bake a three-layer cake the layers are pretty even. Roasts come out nicely browned without drying out.

I have never used the self clean cycle on my Electrolux ovens because I'm afraid of frying the electronics. They clean up easily by hand. I love the blue interior. :-)

When I redo my kitchen, the decision about the oven(s) will most likely come down to Miele & Electrolux. One of the appliance mavens on this forum probably can tell you who actually makes what--I can't keep them straight.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™