27" Double Wall Ovens

srsshapiroOctober 7, 2013

Please help! I am looking to replace my 8 year old Jenn-Air double convect wall ovens which have only brought me aggravation. I am looking at KitchenAid KEBS277(or279)BSS, General Electric profile PK7500SFSS, or Electrolux EW27EW65GS. I am open to suggestion on other models. I am looking at either both ovens having convection or just one. I know with convection ovens tend to be a little noisy but if it works properly, I won't mind the noise. How do they cook items when there are 2 or three items on the racks. How is the cleaning? Do items cook evenly? How long does it take to preheat? I have tried to find reviews on the items, but none are current. Its an expensive appliance and I don't want to make another mistake (case in pt, my JennAir after only 8 years). Please advise.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larecoltante Z6b NoVa

I have the Electrolux double ovens. I had to replace the Frigidaire double ovens in my current kitchen and am not ready for a complete redo, so I had to get ones that fit the cabinet exactly. The Electrolux were the only convection ovens that fit. I like them. They heat up quickly, the racks glide easily, and they seem to heat evenly, although I think the lower oven runs just a little hot. I really like the proofing/warming function. I don't find them particularly noisy and I'm pretty sensitive to sounds. In my previous house I had a single Thermador wall oven and I think its convection was better. However, the electronic control panel went out repeatedly & I spent almost 2k trying to repair it, to no avail. The Thermador repair service was terrible and customer service was worse. (I was in Southern California at the time.). I ended up replacing it with a Kitchen Aid and didn't like the convection at all.

When I bake a three-layer cake the layers are pretty even. Roasts come out nicely browned without drying out.

I have never used the self clean cycle on my Electrolux ovens because I'm afraid of frying the electronics. They clean up easily by hand. I love the blue interior. :-)

When I redo my kitchen, the decision about the oven(s) will most likely come down to Miele & Electrolux. One of the appliance mavens on this forum probably can tell you who actually makes what--I can't keep them straight.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
Griddle for Induction... HELP!
I did a search and read some old posts but is there...
2LittleFishies
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
Buy 2 individual wall ovens or one 2 oven wall unit?
Hi - I'm looking for appliances for a house we will...
oaptechgirl
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Need feedback on KOBE Range Hood
Hello! I'm looking at buying a KOBE range hood. The...
bblakeney
Sponsored Products
Stanley Furniture European Farmhouse 77 x 36 Campagne Cabinet
LuxeDecor
R Series Galvanized 15-Inch Outdoor Radial Wave Pendant with 24-Inch Stem
$131.78 | Bellacor
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Quail
$145.00 | Horchow
R Series Copper 12-Inch Outdoor Cord Radial Wave Pendant
$99.90 | Bellacor
Four Verao Dinner Plates
$70.00 | Horchow