Glass broke on electric cooktop

sjhockeyfan325October 28, 2013

The glass broke on our radiant electric cooktop. We are redoing the kitchen in early December, so it's not really a big deal. The question is, the cracks in the glass go across the two front burners, but all 4 burners still work. Is it safe to use the cooktop, safe to use the back two burners, or should we just not use it at all?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

I can't exactly answer the safety question, but I can say I used a significantly damaged cooktop for a couple years awaiting my remodel. Boil-overs went "somewhere" and I never had a problem. That said, my cracks and missing chunks weren't over the actual burner itself. I'd use the back burners with no hesitation, and try to avoid things like rice, pasta and milk products in the front if you're a klutz like me and tend to let those things boil over.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 5:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

I'd use the back burners with no hesitation, and try to avoid things like rice, pasta and milk products in the front if you're a klutz like me and tend to let those things boil over.

Well, they could all spill over into the existing oven/cabinet below and I'd never know the difference (at least until we rip out the existing cabinets!)

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Wolf MDL error update
Wolf came out today and they are going to replace the...
a2gemini
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™