Show us your floor / house plans!! :)

Kathi67September 5, 2012

I love looking at floor / house plans and thought it would be great if everyone shared their plans.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aucorley

We are nearing completion of a Frank Betz Highland Place with 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, and a side entry 3 car garage!
I love it!!!
1st Floor

2nd floor modified

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 3:01PM
flgargoyle

At 1250 sq ft, this is probably the smallest one you'll get here. This is an empty nest for the two of us. There is also a full walk-out basement, so we'll actually have plenty of space. Construction is ICF, so it should be a tight, efficient house. After hundreds of designs, I finally went back to a basic box to keep cost and time down. I'm building it myself, so both are important factors. The outside will be a Craftsman bungalow, with as many authentic details as I can manage. I cruise old neighborhoods taking pictures of authentic Craftsman houses to get ideas and a sense of proportion. The floor plan is laid out to take advantage of a mountain view to the back.

Other features: Hardi plank, tin roof, 9'4" ceilings, wide hardwood floors from our own timber, concrete counter tops, Marvin Integrity windows, and ductless A/C and heat. The walls are very thick, and if you look closely, you'll see that the window returns are angled to reduce the tunnel effect of the thick walls. Time will tell how this works out in real life, but I can always fill them in if we don't like the effect. BTW- The direction of the stairs is reversed.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 4:42PM
ellenandco

We will finalize the first floor on Monday. There are a couple little changes not on this image (door shift and another closet by guest room, the island is much larger, sink in laundry). Also the pool is just a place holder until we get to that part of the design;)

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
We have started construction!!
We have just started construction of our new home in...
Jack Mason
Window Trim
I found the attached picture, and like the window trim...
burbmomoftwo
Curtain height?
My walkout basement ceilings are 9 feet. I like curtains...
mattypies
Floor Plan Review
Can anyone give some feedback on our floor plan? I...
kymberie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™