Anybody like this floorplan? I really like it, although there are a few things that I would change. My wife and I are considering building in a few years. We would like a different home, and after watching the real estate market for the past couple of years, there really arent very many houses that I like. Plus, I like to build stuff!
1. Take the third bay in the garage, and make the mud/laundry room larger, also incorporate some pantry space.
2. 10x7 space would become a bathroom, so the game room could double as a guest suite.
3. Move master to the back of the house, and br 2 and br 3 to the front.
4. Courtyard - probably just get rid of. More expensive dealing with roof lines, and prefer to just have a little more interior space for bigger master closets. That being said, I do LOVE the idea of having a private courtyard with french doors for the master bathroom, I just dont like cutting into the house like it currently is.
5. I hate the morning room bump out.
6. Would prefer to bump the dining and living room front wall out at least even with front of garage and bedrooms. I really dont care too much for the exterior and roof lines anyways, so fix all of that at the same time.
7. Probably add some second floor space, taking advantage of #6 freeing up some space to add stairs.
Link to website with pics