signing into e-mail

gree_kneesSeptember 9, 2012

When I got this latest computer I didn't have to sign in every time I logged into my e-mail, just click on my address. Then I changed my address and password because I had been hacked(?) Now I can't figure out how to get the computer to let me do that again. Can someone tell me how to do this? A message from microsoft came up asking if I wanted to save it when the computer was new but doesn't pop up now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

Every email I have used has a place in the setup to remove or add a check mark if you don't want to sign in everytime. It probably varies from one software to another. I just checked on mine. I opened my email, went to tools, then on the account I want, then on properties and the first page that came up had the option. Maybe with that information it will give you a place to start.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 12:51PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

you will need to tell us what email client you use since they are all different.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 1:14PM
acraftylady

Road runner email did away with the little box a few weeks ago. At home I use a mail program so not a problem but away from home I use my kindle fire to access my email online and now I have to type in user name and password every time. Very annoying they did this. Mary

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™