Help with bathroom layout

luckymommy1November 26, 2013

Hi all,

We are abut to finalize design for new construction and I would love some feedback on our master bathroom. The right of the photo is coming from the master bedroom through a short hallway between the closets. The WIC to the left will mainly be or extra storage.

I know the door to the toilet room should swing the other way.

Looking for feedback or suggestions n how we uld omletely rework the space. Only things we want are a good iced shower, o bath and 2 separate vanities. Everything else is game!

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

What are the dimensions of the room? About 10' X 15'? Is iced shower supposed to be nice shower?

Instead of 2 separate vanities how about a double one on the wall at one end and then move the water closet to be opposite the shower. that might give you enough room for storage and a window between the 2 sinks. It really depends on how long that wall is.

Thanks.

Bookmark   November 27, 2013 at 11:21AM
luckymommy1

Sorry! Here's a better image with measurements. The master bath space is about 19'5" wide and 9'2" deep. Master bedroom is at the top.

I love the idea if getting a bigger window in there. So, let me revise our priorities :)

1) large shower with natural light. We are thinking 4' x 8' but I don't want it to be obscene.

2) as much natural lugt as we can in whole room.

3) spacious vanity, either one or two is fine.

4) storage

I definitely need some fresh, experienced eyes. Thanks for any help!

Bookmark   November 27, 2013 at 3:33PM
williamsem

I don't have time at the moment to play with the photo, but seems to me that WIC on the right needs to shift to the interior and let all that exterior wall space be in the bathroom.

Bookmark   November 27, 2013 at 11:13PM
luckymommy1

I love that idea. Would be very interested in what you could come up with when you have some time. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 1:58PM
williamsem

Ok, maybe this will spark something new to consider.

This takes the odd angle and makes it into a dressing area with large mirror, a bench, and hooks for clothes. Then a divided WIC below, 7 ft wide to accommodate 2 rows of hangers with a 3 ft aisle.

The bath side has transom windows in the WC and shower for privacy, and windows along the large vanity with two spaces left for mirrors. You could also shorted the vanity and put a skinny floor to ceiling window on each side instead.

There is a towel warmer and robe hooks along the closet wall near the shower, and also a long 18 inch deep closet for linens and supplies. I have 12 and 16 in deep shelves in my linen closet, and find them big enough for my needs, YMMV.

12 and 16 in shelves:

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 7:51PM
luckymommy1

Thank you! Love those ideas. I drew it up slightly differently. What do you think?

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 5:35PM
kirkhall

(You still have the inswing on the toilet room. while you are modifying, modify that out... in every iteration).

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Sponsored Products
Imperial Garden Rug 8' x 10' - BROWN TONES
$3,499.00 | Horchow
Star Thistle Rug 10' x 14' - IVORY
$8,199.00 | Horchow
Cassara Dining Outdoor Side Chair Cushion, Patio Furniture
$62.00 | FRONTGATE
Sterling Finesse 5475-48-G76 47.625W x 70.3125H in. Starscrape Glass Shower Door
$737.99 | Hayneedle
Ingo Maurer | Metall C. Cooper Pendant Light
YLighting
Furniture of America Raveensa Black 72 in. Entertainment Center - YNJ-1416-1
$256.00 | Hayneedle
Hoffman Oushak Rug 10' x 14' - LIGHT BLUE/BROWN
$5,220.00 | Horchow
Prop Light Floor Lamp by Moooi
$2,401.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™