Any reports on the Brew Express BEC 110 Coffee Maker?

msbrandywinevalleyOctober 20, 2013

I'm a longtime fan of the Technivorm Moccamaster, but I'm (sadly) considering giving it up because of a logistical challenge I'm facing with a new kitchen remodeling project. The challenge is, there's nowhere for me to keep a coffee maker where I'll be able to conveniently fill it with water without moving it. So I've been looking around at coffee makers that have an automatic filling feature. I'll easily be able to connect a water line.

I've seen a few built-in and commercial models -- all with pretty large price tags. Then I came across the Brew Express BEC-110 BS ( http://www.amazon.com/Brew-Express-BEC-110BS-Countertop-Stainless/dp/B00BOVQB7U/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382283593&sr=1-1&keywords=brew+express) and I'd like to know more about it. I know it brews coffee at the temperature recommended by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. But I have NO idea how good the coffee is (assuming I'm using freshly roasted, freshly ground, good quality coffee), whether the basket design is an efficient one (it's a flat-bottom basket), if the thermal carafe really holds the coffee hot for a long time, if the spray head really wets all of the ground coffee, etc.

Does anyone know anything about this coffee maker that will help me make a decision? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchenkat

I'm not familiar with the newest models of Brew Express, but I,ve been using one of the original models that I installed in my kitchen about six years ago and am very satisfied with the performance. It's one of those items that everyone makes a favorable comment about when seeing it for the first time. I highly recommend it.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
Buy 2 individual wall ovens or one 2 oven wall unit?
Hi - I'm looking for appliances for a house we will...
oaptechgirl
Noxious new oven smell ??
Our new Electrolux wave-touch double oven is wonderful,...
infohound2006
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
Water Pooling on Bottom of Refrigerator and Leaking
Hi: I have a Kenmore Pro 48 inch side by side Refrigerator....
Rob Fleming
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Sponsored Products
Naples Polished Chrome Five-Light Pendant with 5.5-Foot Black Cord with Clear Gl
Bellacor
Euclid Stainless Steel Double Door Medicine Cabinet with Mirror
Signature Hardware
Harrison Dresser and Mirror in Black
$648.00 | LexMod
Area Rug: Antique Fleur-De-Lis Ivory 5' 3" x 8' 3"
Home Depot
Hand-loomed Loft Blue Dimensions Wool Rug (9'6 x 13'6)
Overstock.com
Kenroy Home Bundle Natural Reed 42" High Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
RION Furniture - Liz Side Table - TAB350DW
Great Furniture Deal
Bronze Age Pendant by SONNEMAN Lighting
$400.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™