Any reports on the Brew Express BEC 110 Coffee Maker?

msbrandywinevalleyOctober 20, 2013

I'm a longtime fan of the Technivorm Moccamaster, but I'm (sadly) considering giving it up because of a logistical challenge I'm facing with a new kitchen remodeling project. The challenge is, there's nowhere for me to keep a coffee maker where I'll be able to conveniently fill it with water without moving it. So I've been looking around at coffee makers that have an automatic filling feature. I'll easily be able to connect a water line.

I've seen a few built-in and commercial models -- all with pretty large price tags. Then I came across the Brew Express BEC-110 BS ( http://www.amazon.com/Brew-Express-BEC-110BS-Countertop-Stainless/dp/B00BOVQB7U/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382283593&sr=1-1&keywords=brew+express) and I'd like to know more about it. I know it brews coffee at the temperature recommended by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. But I have NO idea how good the coffee is (assuming I'm using freshly roasted, freshly ground, good quality coffee), whether the basket design is an efficient one (it's a flat-bottom basket), if the thermal carafe really holds the coffee hot for a long time, if the spray head really wets all of the ground coffee, etc.

Does anyone know anything about this coffee maker that will help me make a decision? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchenkat

I'm not familiar with the newest models of Brew Express, but I,ve been using one of the original models that I installed in my kitchen about six years ago and am very satisfied with the performance. It's one of those items that everyone makes a favorable comment about when seeing it for the first time. I highly recommend it.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™