GE Profile vs Monogram Induction

mwytkyOctober 12, 2013

I have a question. There is a significant difference in price between the GE Profile 36 inch induction cooktop and the GE Monogram 36 inch induction cooktop. Aside from some aesthetic differences, the one difference I see when I use the compare feature on the website is that the Profile says "Pan Presence Sensor-shuts the element off when not in use" and the Monogram says "Pan Size Sensor-adjusts the heating element size to the size of the pan".

My question is: Don't all induction cooktops "adjust the heating element size to the size of the pan"...just by virtue of it's operating principle?

Before anyone tries to steer me away from GE, ...that's the brand that we must go with because my husband works for GE Healthcare so he prefers to support the company that supports us....not to mention competitive pricing.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance. Much appreciated! There is so much knowledge here, I've been reading and learning at this site for many years :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ctychick

Which model did you end up choosing and what are your thoughts on it so far? I'm planning my kitchen renovation and am deciding between the GE Monogram induction cooktop and a similar Electrolux Icon model. After reading your post, I'm doing some research on the Profile now, too.

Any input or opinions you have would be much appreciated.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™