Has anyone built William Poole's design "Bayou Teche"

ldaniel1September 12, 2012

My husband and I are interested in building a four bedroom farmhouse in NC. I love dormers, front porches, and symmetry. I don't care for a formal living room. I'd like his and her closets off of master bedroom or bath, master bedroom on main level, walk-in pantry, jack and jill bath upstairs for 2 daughters to share, and separate bath for my son. This plan has some of those attributes but lacks others. Hoping someone may have suggestions/pics/advice from their experience. Here's the link to the plan: http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl08563.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SMPop18

We are currently building a plan similar to what you described. It's called Hampton Circle by The House Designers. We made some modifications to the orginal plan: closed off the wall between the dining and kitchen to make an office, extended and squared off the outside breakfast wall to make a larger dining area, expanded the laundry room area and added a mudroom and full bath with a seperate laundry room where the storage area is on the original. We also tweaked the second level room sizes and added three storage rooms to use up all the empty space up there. We built ours over a walkout basement as well. I'm sorry I don't have our final plan to show you but here is the link to the original one: http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan/hampton-circle-6364/

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 8:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ldaniel1

SMPop18 love your plan as well. I'd love to see pics of the interior and exterior when complete. It's so hard visualizing room from a one dimensional plan. I have also found a William Poole design I like-Breakwater. It needs some tweaking as well, especially the staircase that opens opposite of the front door.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Master Bedroom Floorplan Review
Hello, I am currently working on building a new house...
mary8153
Raised basement
For a level lot, a basement is usually underground....
net42k
Working on plans, need advice
We're building in Missouri on 24 acres. We want one...
htwo82
What would you do differently if you were building your house again?
I saw this thread dated from a few years ago on the...
Darla Grossman
New Home Build - please take a look
Hi all! My husband and I have been working with an...
prepmom
Sponsored Products
Blue, Anthracite or Transparent Thermoplastic Resins Rectangle Soap Dish
TheBathOutlet
Cabana Rattan Stool
| Dot & Bo
Self Rimming Porcelain Ceramic Single Hole Countertop Bathroom Vessel Sink - 16
eModern Decor
Westbury Leiden Taupe Shade Brass Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Carlisle Woven 7-pc. Rectangular Outdoor Dining Set, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE