solving bathroom cabinet dilemma

frenchmadelineNovember 26, 2013

I have been asked by a good friend to help with his project of upgrading the master bathroom in a small home he has recently purchased. (His college daughter may live in it when she returns to the area upon graduation). I suggested that he contact a local craftsman to begin the process of having a custom wall-hung cabinet with plenty of storage built to his specifications. He shied away when I told him the estimated cost of $350 a lineal foot. Since then I have visited Home Depot and Lowe's and a local design build firm and nothing has excited me so I'm at a loss as to how to advise him. He is coming off a bad kitchen reno-experience with a GC that cost him several thousand dollars more than expected and who left many things unfinished when he inexplicably walked off the job site. I don't want a repeat of that, as you imagine. Do you have any helpful advice that would be sooooo appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

frenchmadeline:

I don't know how helpful anyone can be helpful if they don't have a budget to work from. What's the point of making suggestions if they're out of his range?

He should learn from his past experience, but not let it affect the new project.

Bookmark   November 27, 2013 at 6:29AM
More Discussions
Vote Now on Color Plan 1, 2, or 3!
I have been planning the bathroom remodel for two years...
nancyinmich
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Sponsored Products
Windham Floor Cabinet with Door and Drawer
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™