Help me choose a shower door handle?

kmcgNovember 14, 2012

Hi all,

For our frameless glass shower, I get to choose between a standard D shaped back to back handle (with or without washers), and a Victorian one, pictured. Our house is Victorian/Edwardian, and the bathroom is fairly traditional in style. Fixtures are chrome with a sort of turned handle look that goes with the Victorian handle. Is this a no-brainer? My only concern is that I don't want something that will look trendy or dated in a few years, or that will look overly fussy. What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

Yes, it would be a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. That is a nice looking handle and, from your description, I'd say it would complement the style of your room beautifully. I wouldn't worry about it looking dated at all.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 11:01PM
kmcg

Thanks treasuretheday! I am so far beyond decision fatigue that it helps to have a second look even at these little decisions!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 11:10PM
millworkman

I agree as well, the standard "c" pull looks very modern in my opinion.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:58AM
KevinMP

You could go a little more linear. I used all Kohler Pinstripe Pure for my tub filler and knobs, faucets, shower head and trim, and valve trim, and I used the Pinstripe shower door handle, too. I bought it on Amazon to save some money (it was still pricey at $220). It's a little large (which is why I attached some pictures for scale), but I still love it.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:46PM
kmcg

That looks so good with your Kohler pinstripe fixtures! I love the length and the faceted handle. But I'm trying to limit my looking to the 2 choices included with my shower glass quote, so it's basically Victorian or plain. And actually, my Hansgrohe fixtures are pretty rounded in shape, similar to the Victorian handle. So I think the coordination would be good.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:00PM
KevinMP

Then go with it. You could always change it. It'll be better than the standard pull for sure.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:32PM
phylhl

What is the style of the other fixtures in your bathroom? I would try to match that. But I do like the victorian :-) assuming it goes with what you have.

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 2:24PM
kmcg

phyll - the other fixtures are Hansgrohe Retroactiv - basically old-timey looking, so they go better with the Victorian pull. I went ahead and ordered that one. Pictures will be posted ... eventually!

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 3:18PM
threeapples

Kevin, your bathroom is so beautiful. What a smart idea to do the black stone around the edge of the door's opening in your shower. I wish I thought to do that.

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Need help with bathroom finishes!
Hey everyone! I have a minor dilemma about my master...
meg270070
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Vanity color in small bath with wood trim
We are going to remodel our half bath/laundry room...
hazelwags
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™