Tiles with Style ?

mrspeteNovember 19, 2012

Has anyone done a bathroom (or any other room) with custom-made tiles from Tiles with Style? If you've never seen them, look up their website -- the stuff is incredible.

I saw them on the internet recently, and I am absolutely enthralled with the custom-made lilly pond /fish /turtles tiles. This would make an absolutely wonderful bathroom floor.

I'm wondering, though, if they're worth the pricetag (this is a fairly large bath; to do a great floor, a little bit around the tub and vanity, and a little in the shower would cost $2500-$3000, and we'd still need a very basic tile for the walls). This would be for our master bath, which will also serve as the downstairs bath for guests -- so a splurge is worthwhile.

Also, how does one handle bath mats? It seems foolish to put this kind of money into this kind of floor . . . then cover it up with a $20 bathmat from Walmart. Obviously, the examples on their website don't use mats, but in the real world, I don't want to fall and get hurt on a tile floor!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Those are gorgeous!

I have to say that the one image with the orange round rug in the bathroom is a bath rug from Target. I have that same one in my kitchen. They come in all sorts of colors and are fairly small so work great in my smallish kitchen.

I would seriously consider this tile-if it is of good quality. It would be a wonderful installation.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 6:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

Those are really pretty. I would just get a plain coordinating bathmat and just hang it on a towel bar when not in use so the floor isn't covered.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 4:20AM
More Discussions
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
mother of pearl tile
I'm thinking of doing my master bath with mother of...
berdavids
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Sponsored Products
Ceramic Floor & Wall Tile: Daltile Flooring Quarry Ashen Gray 6 in. x 6 in.
$2.32 | Home Depot
Sample-Botanical Sparrow Marble Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
4" Solid Brass Wall Tile with Coral Design
Signature Hardware
Travel Cribbage - 2121
$19.24 | Hayneedle
Dimond D1413 Sunny Isles Table Lamp - D1413
$270.00 | Hayneedle
Sample-Crema Marfil Herringbone Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Dryden Carnegie Hall Ashen Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 10 In. Rug