what is best brand for fridge next to double oven

techno_mommyOctober 11, 2013

I need all new appliances for remodel. Because of the rebate, I was considering a Bosch double oven, to go with the Bosch 800 36" cooktop & dishwasher. I would really prefer the knobs on the 500 series oven, but the 800 has a 2nd convect oven and would get the higher rebate with the other 800's. My problem is that the oven and fridge will be next to each other and almost a "feature" in the kitchen, looking at that wall when seated at the peninsula. I'm not in love with the look of the Bosch ovens and I will not buy at Bosch fridge. I've been cautioned about the stainless in different brands being obvious when sitting next to each other.

I am usually a function over form person and don't care if appliances match, but in this case (with the money spent for the remodel) I think it needs consideration. Do I have to go with GE or KitchenAid for fridge & oven? Electrolux or Frigidaire? What is my best bet? I need the fridge to be counter depth FD.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Even within the same brand, stainless steel finishes don't necessarily match. Definitely go with function over form - you can find appliances that look good together without matching brands.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™