Pleeez help me pick out a range/oven

AGK2003October 2, 2013

we are currently looking for an all gas range for our kitchen reno (we will also have an electric single wall oven but will shop for that later). we would like a pro look but dont want to spend the big $$$. we thought we were settled on a thermador 30" pro harmony since they have a promo for a free dishwasher, however, there is no self clean feature which i sort of wanted. though i have heard that even if your oven has one you shouldn't use it b/c it shortens the life of the oven/ causes service issues?? i don't like the viking- my mom has one and i am just not a fan from using it. it's almost like the burners have one setting- high. wolf probably not an option because of the cost and is also not self clean. any suggestions? should we up to a 36"? i am thinking the increased oven space would be good but not sure it's a must. we currently have a non-pro kitchenaid range with 4 burners (2 are simmer only kind of annoying but i've gotten used to it) but the oven is large and works great. any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jolb57

Well I like my wolf all gas.

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 3:30PM
AGK2003

how do you feel about not having a self clean cycle? is the interior hard to clean?

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 3:54PM
jolb57

The top is easy I use surface wipes keeping the interior of oven door wiped down. I have not done a deep clean in the oven. It will be hard so ill hire someone to do this.

Bookmark   October 3, 2013 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™