Marble Lovers: Reinstalled My Redone King of Prussia Mantel Shelf

KevinMPNovember 19, 2012

This is a double post since some of you here know my old house and have also followed the remodels I've done to the bathroom, kitchen, and the moulding in the dining room. I finally managed to take the old King of Prussia marble mantel shelf from my den to my local marble and granite yard to be repolished and to have an ogee edge put on. It was in terrible shape: scratches, very dull, worn finish, and a few chips on the straight edge. Now, it looks like new, and the marble place was so excited to get to work with this marble--it's a classic, but rare local stone used in a lot of 18th and early 19th century homes, and it's worth keeping. There's nothing like it (except maybe a very dark bardiglio). Enjoy.

Here's what it looked like the morning I took it off to be refinished:

And here is is now (I know some of you may not think it's that different, but it feels like glass now):

without flash:

with flash:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

That's a beautiful piece of stone, Kevin.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 8:04PM
kmcg

So glad you could restore it! What a character piece for what looks like a great house.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 9:06PM
threeapples

wow, that's ridiculously beautiful! i love your fireplace, floor, and wall color. what a great space you have!!!!!!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 10:13PM
enduring

That is so nice, thanks for sharing. It is such an honor to be able to restore these things, and to be able to have the means to do so. I commend your care and the time you've invested in your lovely home.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
air /jacuzzi tub help. need to decide ASAP
http://www.costco.com/Access-Tubs-Venetian-Dual-System-Bathtub.product.100057666.html I...
matdrew
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
stevemac00
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™