USB Cables

margaretohSeptember 23, 2012

Can my Kindle USB cable be used to charge my LG cell phone? They look the same. This is a very elementary question, I know. Thank you for replying.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PKponder TX

Have you tried plugging it in and see if the phone indicates that it's charging? My hubby's LG has a very different connection than a Kindle so to answer that question accurately, you might need to contact LG customer service.

HTH
Pam

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 12:25PM
mike_kaiser_gw

Probably depends on the exact phone but most companies are using a micro-USB connector these days. Except Apple. :-(

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 1:16PM
SnidelyWhiplash

If the plug fits, it can be used.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 1:18PM
acraftylady

My LG ENV3 charges with a USB cable. The electrical charger on mine converts to a USB plug. It takes longer to charge on the computer so I rather use the electrical plug. Mary

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 1:50PM
SnidelyWhiplash

Right on the button, Crafty. The power-level (in watts) supplied from a PC's USB socket is usually lower than from a wall-plug device, so it takes longer.

An interesting question, which I've heard conflicting opinions on, is which is better to prolong battery life and health - a slower charge or a faster one? Either no one really knows or it doesn't matter, or both.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 2:11PM
acraftylady

Well my phone is 2 1/2 yrs old and is on 24/7 since its the main phone and we have no landline. My phone has been charged with the electrical plug all this time and my battery is still as good as new. I only have calling and texting though so no Internet and I get about 3 days battery life on a full charge. Mary

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 2:34PM
SnidelyWhiplash

If you charge your phone every 3 days, your battery has the equivalent of less than one year's use (compared to most other users). At that rate, you can probably expect another 3 years of life out of it.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 6:32PM
acraftylady

Well no I don't let it go three days most times but once in a while I do let the battery go down to almost empty and then charge. Most times it's on the charger at night until charged then I take it off the charger and use it all the next day then at night on the charger again until charged. This phone has been a great phone for me. Mary

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 6:53PM
margaretoh

Thanks for the help. My phone and Kindle can use the same USB cord.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 7:04AM
More Discussions
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
Owbist Where is Owbist?
Did he cash in? Haven't seen his dulcet tones since B4...
mxyplux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™