Quicktime

jane__nySeptember 29, 2013

I make some videos on my iphone. I transfer them to my computer and put them in My Pictures. When I try to open them, I get a popup saying I need Quicktime to run them. I have Quicktime but it says I need Quicktime Pro which I would have to buy.

This is all new to me and I wonder what the correct way to handle iphone videos on a Windows computer (XP). I would like to be able to email them to family without having problems both from my end and theirs. Everyone has a Windows computer but I'm not sure if any have an iphone.

So confusing...

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azinoh

What is the file extension on these videos? Is it .mov? If yes, then VLC Media Player should be able to handle it and almost any other video format you might come across. If the QT you have won't play it, I'd forget about QT completely. I always found it bothersome and not worth the trouble. This popup urging you to buy a paid program worries me, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: VLC for Windows

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 5:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr

I can see it noticing that you have an old version of QT and asking if you want to install a newer version of QT or a pay version of QT Pro. But not force you to use QT Pro. My sister has Iphones and uses QT only.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™