Vanity/Plumbing question

meanmom08November 29, 2013

I should probably put this in the plumbing section, but thought I'd try here first. The vanity I'm replaceing is a 42".old styled site-built vanity. I'll have to go with a 36" with fillers on the side. I'd like to get a vanity with 2 drawers on the right side which is the side the wall is on,. There is no wall on the left side - just the toilet. My question is: I won't be able to center the vanity over plumbing outlet (whatever it's called) because I'm assuming the drawers will be in the way. Can the plumbing be moved a few inches to the left without incurring a big plumbing bill? Is this a simple thing or a major thing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

meanmom08:

It depends.

If you are lucky, you may be able to sneak the drain lines in without moving the pipes in the wall and without conflicting with the drawers.

Sometimes shortening a drawer is easier and less expensive than altering plumbing, but then again, it depends on what the drawers and plumbing pipes are made of.

Bookmark   November 30, 2013 at 8:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

Our plumbing was originally set for a vanity that would abut the wall, but we decided to try to move the vanity over a few inches to give the person using that side a little more elbow room. We were able to move it about 3 inches with no adjustments to plumbing or vanity. But as Trebuchet said, it depends on your plumbing and your vanity!

Bookmark   December 1, 2013 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™