Which knob do you like better?

kmcgNovember 21, 2012

This is my double-door medicine cabinet, and I need to select a knob or handle. My husband vetoed the pink glass ones I had in mind, so it's back to chrome (vanity and linen cabinet have round chrome knobs like the one here, only a tiny bit smaller). The medicine cabinet is about 40x40, so it has some visual heft, which is why one of my finalists is the longer handle. But I like the simpler knob too.

Any preferences?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I like the simple knob. Also another benefit of the knob is that you can switch out the chrome for the glass when he's not looking.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 5:52PM
writersblock

I also like the knob.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 6:17PM
alex9179

vote for the knob :)

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 7:37PM
enduring

I like what looks like your pink and green color combo. Did you watch Downton Abby? In there parlor or what ever, they had that beautiful color combo.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 7:40PM
kmcg

Thanks for the votes, and I'm glad you like the colors, enduring! Of course I watched Downton Abbey :) but I didn't notice a pink and green room. It's a combo I've always loved, but it was really serendipitous here. I found the handmade green tile and figured it was a good way to sneak a tiny bit of color into the room. The paints I sampled were a similar gray green, and a pink that actually looked white when I painted the sample. The gray green felt a bit gloomy, and the pink was nice with a stained glass window that was already in the bathroom. I love the fact that painting the entire room makes it look more pink !! and my husband is being very tolerant, somewhat to my surprise.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:01PM
treasuretheday

Another vote for the knob!

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:19PM
enduring

OT again. The pink and green room on Downton Abbey was on season 2 I believe and maybe season 1. I know I saw it on season 3 :) Yes I have seen 6 episodes of the series that wont be released in the US until Jan. My son down loaded them from the internet after each episode was shown in England. I watched the series this fall on PBS called "Call the Midwife" and I REALLY liked it. When I heard about the show, I thought what a ridiculous concept, but watched the 1st episode and everyone after. Really a tender show.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 11:11PM
desertsteph

knob

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 12:55AM
kirkhall

I also prefer the knob.

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 1:01PM
Annie Deighnaugh

knob

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 4:45PM
kmcg

Unanimous so far - thanks for helping me with this!

enduring - I also liked Call the Midwife, but am really looking forward to more Downton Abbey. Luck you, to get a preview!

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™