I want heater/exhaust fan that's not huge and ugly!

genab55November 16, 2012

Can anyone recommend a combo heater/exhaust fan that is not huge and ugly? I don't need a light or a nightlight and I don't mind if it makes some noise...just prefer it doesn't sound like a freight train either.

Am I asking too much? Maybe...but I would appreciate some advice from others.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg

I have the Panasonic WhisperLite, so I can't say what it would be like to have the heater, but the fan itself is incredibly quiet. It's got a low profile, so it kind of just blends into the ceiling.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:51PM
genab55

I have looked at the Panasonic WhisperLite and it looks like it stays pretty flush with the ceiling.

I also found a Broan online that was smaller than the Panasonic but it looked like it wasn't quite flush with the ceiling. It was a Broan 658 Combo and some commented that it's pretty loud. It's about 8x14 in size.

The Panasonic is about 13.5x18.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 9:19PM
kmcg

I have the one in the link below. I'd say it extends about an inch from the ceiling, so not completely flush, but close. Mine appears nearly square, so I am unsure about the measurements I see online. I'd guess maybe 13 x 14-ish. If you want the heater, it may be larger. I opted not to do the heater because I installed floor heat and didn't think I would need something to blow warm air into the room while simultaneously sucking moist air out.

Here is a link that might be useful: panasonic fan

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 10:17PM
astridh

I have the Panasonic WhisperWarm, and it is quiet and functions well. I was reluctant to buy it because of its appearance due to the protrusion that the heater makes. As soon as it was installed I no longer noticed this and it became a non-issue (we have white ceilings). Good luck.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 11:27AM
genab55

Astridh,

Can you tell me about how much your WhisperWarm protrudes? I have not been able to find one that I can look at. I will probably go ahead an order one as the Broan grill doesn't have the look I would like...even though it is smaller.

We are putting in a walk in shower and I want the room to be warm since we won't have a door on the shower.

Thanks for your post!

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 11:21PM
astridh

It protrudes down about 3", but it doesn't seem that deep since the edges are curved. The fan is very quiet. The heater is fairly loud but it works well.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 12:40PM
More Discussions
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
matching fixtures in the bathroom?? please help!!
OK...we have 2 bathrooms in our house that I am confused...
janealexa
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™