49-730 Gerber Classics tub/shower fitting

N__BNovember 4, 2013

I believe I have the following model in my home: 49-730 Gerber Classics tub/shower fitting


I attached a picture I took as well.

The faucet is leaking and I need to remove the handle to try and replace the cartridge (I think) to stop the leak.

It looks like there is a red and blue painted screw on the handle but I'm not sure if that is meant to be removed because the groove of the screw is very very shallow and cannot be turned. I've seen some handles that are meant to just be pulled off but I don't know if this is one of those. I want to be careful not to break anything.

Anyone know for sure if that screw is supposed to be removed or is the handle just supposed to be pulled off?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here is a closer picture of the handle.

    Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 2:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Duh! That red/blue thingy is just a plastic cap. It pops out and the screw is underneath.

    Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 3:49PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
Vanity color in small bath with wood trim
We are going to remodel our half bath/laundry room...
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™