WiFi availability

mudlady_gwAugust 21, 2011

I am considering a trip to Door Peninsula in October and I want a motel with Free WiFi, or at least the opportunity to pay for the internet. I read a number of advertisements of motels in which the internet isn't mentioned. I found one place that said it had DISH TV and one that offered DSL. I think the peninsula may not be well served with high speed internet and email. Does anyone know about those services on the peninsula? I am going to Google for a McDonald's because I would expect them to offer WiFi.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

"Today's Door County visitor often comes equipped with his or her laptop with a wireless internet card installed and at the ready. But you're not going to find an airport or a Starbucks to get your internet fix for the day. Fortunately, however, there is an ever-increasing number of venues for you to try. We'll strive to keep the following list of hotspots as current as possible."

See link for more:

Here is a link that might be useful: wifi Door Peninsula

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 8:22PM
mudlady_gw

Thanks Zep 516. I wonder how well my Verizon (very simple) cell phone will work. I travel fairly often and always check with my pet sitter every day. Until recently I had 4 dogs and 3 cats. Sadly, I now have only one dog and three cats. I may bring the dog with me.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 9:50PM
zep516

Not sure about the Verizon phone. Definitely take the dog. We have more then 10 cats..

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 10:38PM
mudlady_gw

Zep--
I used to have four rescued/adopted Siberian huskies, but three have died and I have only one now. I do have three cats in the house where they are safe from the Sibes who would kill them instantly if the opportunity arose.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Firefox too much security? frequent blocking
I continue to have problems with Firefox blocking and...
jerry_nj
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
I-Pad Backup Help or Need?
I need advise on or need for backing up my wife's I-pad. Wife...
chas045
Super-AntiSpyware - where do I go to get it?
Super-antispyware - that IS the GOOD one, isn't it?...
Janey - formerly jane2
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Sponsored Products
Sea Gull Lighting Wall Mounted Jamestowne Wall-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Antique
Home Depot
Furniture of America Kennwick Platform Bed - IDF-7027BR-Q
$759.99 | Hayneedle
Denhelm 2-light Chrome Ceiling Flush Mount with Etched Glass Painted White Insid
Overstock.com
Jesper Office | 9000 Collection Office Desk
YLiving.com
Buster Globe Floor Lamp by Robert Abbey
$320.10 | Lumens
Ice Faceted Glass Pendant
Lightology
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™