master bath remodel

bonsai_mkrNovember 13, 2013

hello everyone, I'm planning to remodel my master bathroom and some need opinion/help.

I'm getting rid of tub and making a walk in shower and thinking about moving toilet to other side of wall about 8 ft. my concern is moving toilet to other side of wall. currently main stack /vent is where current toilet is at, so i need to run a 3 inch pipe from new toilet to where my main stack is... master bath is on 2nd floor and right above garage so i have pretty easy access to pipes. however i have to run pipe thru joist to get to main stack and scare to drill thru joist. i do believe i have 10" joist running...

do you think this is feasible without doing any kind of damage to structure? and what do you think about my master bath diagram? (i did a quick drawing so is not scale)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
M_N_A

why don't you put the shower in the corner and the toilet near the small WIC?

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 2:16PM
bonsai_mkr

i thought that too, but there is a big window next to vanity and where new toilet is going to be.

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 2:41PM
busybee3

i think i would make the walk in closet into an L with a wall coming pretty close to the toilet. then i would build a wall with doorway-no door- (or with pocket door?? your pic isn't to scale so hard to tell how much room you have) into the toilet area. i much prefer the toilet alittle tucked away so there is some amount of privacy...
then have the shower. if you can't put shower into corner, maybe build a bench seat under the window or a cabinet??

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 4:31PM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™