paint color that works with my tile

lalitharNovember 5, 2012

Please help me find a paint color that works with my tile. The hall bath is about 6ft wide and 10ft long and has 9ft ceilings. There is a skylight for natural light. We used Calcutta look alike porcelan for the floor with the shower area in smaller mosaic. The walls are matte white subways in larger format. The star of the show if the lovely tile from Jeff court we used in a panel in the back and on the wainscoting along the side. So the only bit of wall to paint of the wall above wainscoting and the ceiling itself. We are used BM select matte in other areas and Farrow & Ball in modern emulsion in the other baths. I was thinking some kind of yellow or a pale gray maybe? The hallway outside is panted in BM Barley. The vanity is dark and the door is also dark stained redwood.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg

Yellow! I love that tile, and would use yellow walls to enhance it even more. I don't have a name in mind, but I envision something mustardy. However, a soft gray would be a less exuberant choice, and you may want that in a bath. It depends on your style, but I'd love an excuse to use yellow.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 8:26PM
sis2two

Ellen Kennon's Mustard Seed.

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 10:03PM
lalithar

I am worried about yellow as the hallway outside is painted BM barley.. Another yellow. Wouldn't it be too much?

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 10:29AM
cathie2029

lalitha..what brand of tile is that? particularly the larger floor tile? Also can you see the printing process on it? Can you post a close up pic? Thanks.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™