Anyone Else Have Serious Juno ISP Problems?

candlerAugust 19, 2010

Howdy. Until about April, 2010 I had around 2,500 stored e-mail in very neat, tidy Juno subject folders. Shame on me! Then Juno lumped them all into their own folder called "Restored April 6, 2010".

Since then I've moved or disposed of a bunch of e-mail and was down to 940 until today. Guess what!!! Today they again wiped out all e-mail folders and lumped them into one called "Restored August 19, 2010".

I seriously would like to know if anyone else is foolish enough to have Juno as their ISP? Or has anyone else had problems with Juno in other respects? Thanks. Gene

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vala55

I had it and had no complaints of any kind, but never saved my emails like that. Most servers like Juno can't handle large amounts of email. I print out anything important and delete my emails after a month or two. I also delete my sent, deleted, etc. every month even now with cable.

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 7:38PM
canibus

I still use Juno mail, even though i have dropped juno isp
years ago..never had any problem with it..you should be saving
the emails you want to your computer then you want have this kind of problem....

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 8:07PM
candler

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad you've stayed out of Juno's harm's way. I hope it continues for you. I'll be away from them completely, thank goodness, when I get their the most recent screwup straightened out.

I've not used Juno as an ISP for years. The e-mail retention is one of those old habits die hard things. I'm old and slow. I've been clearing out a lot of e-mail in the past several months (April over 2,500; earlier today 960; and a forced 625 a few minutes ago). I've dropped maybe 500 e-mail that contained very interesting scientific and nature pictures that I enjoyed viewing occasionally.

They're now gone thanks to Juno. If Juno allowed me to retain over 2,500 without a whimper then why did they hit me again when I had less than 1,000? Bye

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 8:39PM
vala55

One thing I don't like about Free Juno now is they put ads in the email. My Sis uses it and it always had an ad or two (URL) in the ad. I clicked on one thinking it was one she wanted me to see, I had to turn off my PC to get out of it.

You can right click on photos in an email and chose "save image as". that may vary with different email software.

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 9:42PM
leftwood

I still use Juno email, but never the ISP(it uses IE), nor Juno email on the web. Still as a dial up user, I find it faster and simpler to navigate than any online email client.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
I-Pad WiFi question
Wife has 13 month old I-Pad mini. I also have the other...
chas045
Firefox too much security? frequent blocking
I continue to have problems with Firefox blocking and...
jerry_nj
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
Safe email emoticon download for FF or Chrome?
I don't find a "search" option in the new...
Evenshade 8a
Is this screen for real or is it a virus
On multiple sites I am getting a message at the top...
paulsmth2
Sponsored Products
Olive You Jar
$37.99 | Dot & Bo
Glass Square Cover Framed with Crystal Flush Mount
ParrotUncle
Free Pad New Hand Knotted Wool Runner Balouch Multi-Color Boxes Design
BH Sun Inc
Kaddur Lounge Chair in Blue
$799.00 | LexMod
Mod Tote with Personalized Notepads
Grandin Road