toilet installation needed materials

kctsNovember 23, 2012

Hello. I bought TOTO Drake toilet on the web. It does not include all the necessary parts. According to the instruction, FLEXIBLE SUPPLY TUBE/CONNECTOR,MOUNTING BOLTS AND NUTS, SUPPLY STOP VALVE AND WAX RING/SEAL are required for the installation. Are those items easily available? Does the constructor always have those item? Do I need to buy them? My constructor is on the trip, so I cannot ask him. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Just go to any local big box and the parts are readily available. However, if you are paying for an install, you do need to ask your contractor what parts he will be supplying. All together you might be talking $15 for all of that, if you replace the stop valves. And you may not have to replace the stop valves if you've actually "given them some exercise" a couple of times a year and used them to turn the water off and on. When they aren't used, they get frozen and cranky about turning and then can spring a leak.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 5:32PM
estsidelawnservic123

Hello kcts

The easy way is that you can ask another contractor which material you need or shop where you purchase Drake toilet. They are guide you. Nowadays all materials readily available as per asked by GreenDesigns.
Installation knowledge is important then material requirement. Like ensure that the plumbing falls within the Toto Toilet's requirements as outlined by the manufacturer for example it needs to be 12 inches away from the wall.

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 4:15AM
kcts

Thank you for your advice, GreenDesigns and estsidelawnsevic 123 !

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 4:29PM
mongoct

Here's the first hit when I googled "Home Depot toilet installation Kit":

I'd venture that the real wax ring that comes in the kit doesn't have a chunk taken out of it like the one in the photo. But then again...it is Home Depot.

This post was edited by mongoct on Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 18:54

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
Bathroom
Walls are blue with red and royal blue towels white...
bobbyfly1
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™