Help! Remodeling Bathroom-are almond fixtures dated?

genab55November 23, 2010

I'm remodeling the guest bathroom and thinking about changing all fixtures to almond color. I love the color but wondering if it's still in style or will it look dated? Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldhousegal

I think you need to ask yourself a couple of questions, to answer your question. Do you like the color? Yes, then go for it. Will you be selling the home soon? If so, I'd say no, as others may see it as dated.
But, if you plan on staying in the house for a while, then go for it. You have to live in it, you should like what you see.
I am installing brass fixtures in my basement bath- brass was common to the era of my home. Some think it's out of style, but it works for me and my home's style. I started buying fixtures 3 years ago, and won't be installing them until next year, and guess what- brass is coming back into favor again! Who knows, almond may come back in style too.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 12:49PM
genab55

Thanks for the help. I do love the almond color...everything in my house if off whites and golds as opposed to white and silver. I have thought about doing the biscuit color since its kind of in the middle of the two...but I just love the almond. I guess I'll make one more trip to Lowes and try to decide. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 1:16PM
pricklypearcactus

Exactly what oldhousegal said. If you love them and are not concerned about selling, then get what you want. If you are concerned about selling, know that potential buyers may expect the price to reflect "outdated" fixtures when they are in fact new.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 2:12PM
dianalo

It depends what you put with them. If the decor works with the almond, then why not?
People are putting in acres of tumbled stone and in a few years, it will be obvious when those were done.
You may be early for an almond revival.

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 10:06PM
sheilaaus122

I recently re-did 2 bathrooms and put in all white toilet/sink/etc... to my mind, color fixtures might be (this minute ) seen as outdated, but I would think that almond and white are pretty similar in being neutral and timeless. While I prefer white, I think that almond is equally easy enough to work with and it would not turn me off the way a blue/pink/brown toilet would (key word being this minute)..

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 9:19AM
gsciencechick

I don't know if you'd be able to find the styles you want in almond, or would you need to special order and pay more.

I agree, if your house has more beiges and golds, the almond would probably look nice.

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 10:17AM
genab55

Thanks for the help! I've decided to compromise and go with Biscuit. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
banjo sink? opinions?
just learned that a BANJO sink is one (or its surrounding...
mainewire
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Sponsored Products
Kevin Plaid Rug 9'6" x 13'6" - BLUE
$1,469.00 | Horchow
36" Merlot Undermount Sink Vanity - Black Granite Top
Signature Hardware
Rubbed Bronze Outdoor Wall 1-Light Fluorescen
PLFixtures
Thermostatic Shower System, Square Head & Ceiling Arm & Body Jets
Hudson Reed
Sonneman Aquo 17 1/4" Wide Satin Nickel Bathroom Light
Euro Style Lighting