OUTLOOK 2010- Missing Mail

bugsybanksAugust 26, 2012

I recently installed Outlook 2010 on my laptop. I'm making progress learning how it works, but when I opened it this morning, the messages that were in my Inbox are gone. I assumed it was because they had been archived, even though I had marked the option NOT to archive items from my Inbox.

When I go to the Archive folder (FILE-OPEN-OPEN OUTLOOK DATA FOLDER)it shows 1.71 MB of data. When I open it, however, there is nothing there. No messages from my Inbox...only a line that says CALENDAR, with zero entries.

Could someone please help me understand where I'm going wrong?

Thank you. Bugsy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PKponder TX

Try importing from the Outlook Data Folder. The instructions for adding the Customer Links toolbar to Outlook, then adding the Import/Export Wizard to that toolbar can be found in Help on the File Menu.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 2:59PM
bugsybanks

I've tried importing from the Outlook Data Folder. When I open the folder it shows zero in the Inbox, Sent, etc. so I am still not able to find my missing messages.

Regarding adding the Customer Links toolbar....when I go to FILE-HELP, could you be more specific about how to add the Customer Links toolbar? There are several options and I'm not sure which to choose. I've tried searching for the instructions, but haven't found what I need.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 1:17AM
PKponder TX

Sorry, I typoed..it should have read 'custom' links.Commands (like Import & Export) can't be added to the standard tabs, you have to create a custom tab first.

Here's how:
Open File, Then click Options. Choose 'Customize Ribbon'
On the right side at the bottom click "New Tab". Right click on the new tab and name it whatever you like. Now look to the left side to the 'Choose Commands From' dialog box. Click the down pointing arrow and choose ' Commands Not in the Ribbon' find Import & Export and click the Add button to move it over to your newly created tab.

About your missing mail, did you have an earlier version of Outlook installed and functional before you installed 2010?
If I am reading and interpreting correctly, your mail was fine after the upgrade..then it just disappeared? If that is correct, I would look through all of the folders to verify that a folder did not accidentally get moved.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Foxit Reader - Edit Previus Typing
How is it done? Let's say I'm on line 12 of a form...
mxyplux
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™