Layout of 12 x 12 tiles on 30 inch wide shower area

pnadarouxNovember 30, 2011

I just bought some white marble tile from Home Depot ahead of our small (5 x 7) bathroom renovation. The back wall will be laid with 3 x 6 tiles (most likely staggered) and I got 12 x 12 square tiles for the 2 remaining walls and the floor. The two shorter walls in the tub area are 30 inches wide and the best layout I could think of was grid style using a 6 inch wide cut tile in the corner followed by two 12 inch wide tiles to the edge. I would use a white grout to blend in with the tile so the tile layout is less noticeable. Does this sound like it will look okay or can anyone suggest a better-looking idea with the tile I have? i got a great deal on the tile and would prefer to keep it, but not at the expense of it looking terrible. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rentaltux

I had a similar scenario in a previous house and I ended up doing a 6" in the middle of 2 12" tiles. It just made it look symmetrical and gave it an interesting look.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 4:17PM
bill_vincent

Does this sound like it will look okay or can anyone suggest a better-looking idea with the tile I have?

12x12 in the middle, with 9" pieces on the inside and outside.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 7:41PM
pnadaroux

Rentaltux and Bill, thanks to both of you for your ideas! They are both great but I will go with the 9-12-9 inch design as it is closest to the look I am going for. Thanks again!!! I am so relieved to get this figured out!

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
suggestions for double vanity between 2 walls
I'm looking for suggestions for a (or pictures of your)...
A McK
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Suggestions - Eliminating Jack and Jill Bath in New Construction
Looking for suggestions on eliminating a Jack and Jill...
burbmomoftwo
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™