Athensmom, show me your hardware (please).....

threeapplesAugust 20, 2012

I'm about to order our interior door hardware, including thumb latches for privacy doors. You may remember we chatted about how to get into one of the rooms that has these and you said there was a tool to pop the plate on the other side of the door off. Do you happen to have an image of that "plate" that would be visible from the outside of the door? I'm not able to find any images of this and want to see it before I order.

On another note, do you have any marble in your house that is beige and gray? Our statuario arrived very different from our samples and I hate it. Members on here are nicely trying to calm me down and somebody said you had something like this. If you do, would you mind posting a photo so I can see that all will be fine?

thanks!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
athensmomof3

I don't have any beige and gray marble. I have Alabama white which is very white with subtle grey veining. It has a very slight cream vein too but you have to be staring at it to find it. My cabinets are slightly cream. The backsplash and utensil crock below are stark white. The cabinets look much darker now than they do in the daytime since I took the picture at night. They are almost exactly the same color as Dover White.

This is a more accurate picture of the cabinet color and marble color, taken a while ago during the day.

Here is a close up of the plate. It is the little circle in the middle. Very unobtrusive. We don't actually have a tool, but I am told one exists. They are by Omnia and I need to call them to see how you open it.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 11:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
threeapples

your house is so pretty, athensmom.

i found that our mortise thumb latches can be opened from the back if you stick a screwdriver in from the back through a keyhole.

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Floor Plan/Kitchen Help - Please :)
I cross-posted this here in Kitchens as well. Please...
kymberie
House Looks Small Framed?!
our home is 3200 ft.², by no means small in my opinion....
23meghan
Need help with 8' porch drop-off
I'm needing ideas for terracing steps from my front...
Beth LaPenna
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
2 car vs 3 car attached garage price
We are in the beginning stages of trying to figure...
dotydreamhome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™