Shower floor tile selection

Lori BNovember 13, 2012

It's been awhile since I've posted here. We built a custom home 2 years ago. We chose a pebble shower floor, and it has not worn well at all. Our builder is going to pay to replace it with something else. The walls are Country Beige polished marble (12x12) which is no longer available. The seat ledge is Rojo Alicante marble. I was contemplating Rojo Alicante for the floor tiles. I believe it may only come in polished 2x2 or 4x4. The tile layer says that 4x4 polished floor tiles are fine for shower floors. Isn't that too slippery?? AFter the poor wear of the pebble floor, I would like to have something with less grout lines. But I also don't want so little that it's a hazard. The 2x2 mosaic seems to come already placed with a smaller than normal grout line (guessing 1/8").

The country beige that matches the walls is not an option. There was a cream honed 2x2 mosaic, but that seemed so light. I love the Rojo Alicante color. But what does the forum think of polished vs honed vs tumbled? We don't have any tumbled in the entire bathroom, but at this point, I just want something that will give us longevity.

More Discussions
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™