Tile vs. glass--what's easier to clean?

erikarochelleNovember 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of a complete bathroom remodel--the whole thing is gutted and we're replacing a standard tub/shower combo with a walk-in 4x6' shower stall. We could either put in tiled walls on the two "outside" walls (the ones that are not against the exterior wall) or we could put in glass panels. I'm not wedded to either look--both would look fine in the room.

Since I'm the person who's most likely going to be scrubbing these walls, what I care about is how easy either option is to clean. Has anyone had any experience with both and has opinions on which is easier? I don't really want to squeegee every day, but I suppose I will if I have to.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
new.bee

Depending on the tile you pick, water spots, soap and minderal residues are less obvious on tile than on glass - unless you get glass that has some pattern or is frosted, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erikarochelle

You're right, I wouldn't want patterned or frosted glass.

Sounds like my sister is right--she told me I'd hate myself if I put in glass. She has a glassed shower stall now, and hates to clean it--and she LOVES to clean, crazy woman.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™