Liiiilllllooooo ! I have a question :)

enduringNovember 14, 2013

Lillo, what did you end up getting for you marble surfaces in your bathroom. I thought once you were looking at a Thassos because you wanted white white white. If you have the Thassos, have you been happy with it? Are you happy with the white? I saw your shower that you posted yesterday on the other thread and was wondering what that tub deck is. I think I see mostly white but maybe some gray streaks.

I have recently been thinking that the carrara I selected will be too gray or busy with my other elements. I am going to the stone yard tomorrow for them to pull out my remnant I put a deposit on last spring, so I can look. They have a Vietnamese white marble that is cheaper and to me looks like Thassos. The stone man said it is like Thassos. I like the simple white visual. If I can switch out my stone I might go with the Vietnamese. So any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lillo

Hi Enduring, I used the calacata marble for the floor , tub surround and counters . The slab that I got and fell in love with was mostly white with little greenish streaks . I was going to use the white thassos tile for the shower and floor . However I changed my mind for the shower and went with white porcelain , because of maintenance issues . I chose the calacata marble for the floor , because my husband thought the white thassos too blend . I am posting a picture for you of the tub surround .
I hope this info is helpful to you .

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 11:01PM
enduring

Thanks Lillo, I appreciate the information. I will be going to the stone yard today and see what I see :)

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 9:14AM
lillo

Good luck , it wasn't easy to find this slab . I just found it in one place only out of at least 10 . I was told that what they get now is mostly with a lot of grey . keep me posted.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™