Windows Live Mail contact list

caliroseAugust 29, 2013

I am using Win Live Mail (Win 7) I recently signed out of Live. I still received mail from my server but when I tried to send an email, I discovered my contacts were no longer available. I had to sign in to Live Mail to get them. I don't like the fact that my contacts are not available except when I am signed in. I also recently discontinued the alert from the calendar which I didn't know was kept online as well.

I suppose this is another "social media friendly service" that I don't want. I have bellsouth and a Hotmail addy; with att as my server.

What options are available for email where I can keep the contact list on my computer? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I have W 7 and WLM and I direct my server's email through WLM and I don't have any idea why yours does that, mine doesn't. I don't have an account with live, I don't like to join everything, especially social medias. You might try opening your email and the contacts listed there and try to add a contact and see if the same thing happens to it.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 1:39PM
calirose

OK, I signed out of Live and entered an addy to my contact list. It was not included in the list that is in Live. so basically I need to copy the contacts to WLM when signed out to have them available. Then I can remain signed out.
Thank you!!

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 2:05PM
emma

You are welcome. Glad it was that simple.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
Foxit Reader - Edit Previus Typing
How is it done? Let's say I'm on line 12 of a form...
mxyplux
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Video playing automatically
I have Flash disabled yet still get videos playing,...
davestexas
Help... Laptop changed Mobile PC display?
The display became very small on my Toshiba C655. When...
don_na_na
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™