Ext HD

PenbraxiiAugust 6, 2014

Since reformatting my laptop certain music and photo editing programmes are not fully functional when trying to edit contents of Ext HD....I get error reports.
The programmes do function with files added to the HD
post reformat.
What did I muck up?...thank you

All programmes are up to date.

Win 7

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SnidelyWhiplash

The problem as you're describing it isn't completely clear to me. Is it something wrong with the programs, or something wrong with the data (photo and music) files? Have you tried to open the music and photo files with other programs?

When a program isn't running properly, the first thing to do is to uninstall it, delete all the accompanying files in the program and app data folders, and then re-install it. Have you tried that?

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 2:11PM
Penbraxii

There is nothing wrong with the programmes...MP3Gain for example works well with all tunes on HD that were added after reformat and tunes on laptop....it's the tunes on the HD that were there before reformat that are not accepted by the editing programmes..nothing wrong with any data. I can play tunes and view pictures...
MP3Gain gives me an error in processing message and photo editing will not save.
If I Drag and Drop a tune from the Ext HD onto desktop MP3Gain works but not directly from the HD.
Hope that clarifies.
Just to be sure I have re installed all programmes.

This post was edited by Penbraxii on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 14:46

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 2:41PM
SnidelyWhiplash

Maybe the problem is that drag and drop has decided it doesn't like a program or two. For mp3gain, instead of doing drag and drop, try clicking on File, Add Files, and then go through the Windows Explorer-like screen to add the files you want from your external drive. Does that work?

Or, there are other free programs that do the Replay Gain analysis for volume leveling. Foobar and Winamp come to mind, there are many others. In addition, these two have many other handy features.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 4:46PM
Penbraxii

The programmes work fine.
I decided to delete and reload the tunes and pics onto
my HD's and all works well now.

Thanks

Bookmark   August 9, 2014 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Video playing automatically
I have Flash disabled yet still get videos playing,...
davestexas
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™