Windows 8 End User Training Brochure

owbistAugust 15, 2013

For those new to Windows 8 the Windows 8 End User Training Brochure might well be worth a look at. Plenty of screenshots and examples. It is a PDF file so you will need a PDF reader which I am sure you all have installed anyway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

Our local paper said the update on W 8 would be released Oct 17 and it would be free for anyone with W 8. I read in here it would be in Oct but don't remember seeing a specific day. Maybe this will help the users who don't like it.

I am really curious about the new OS when it comes out, W 9 I guess it will be called. I am wondering if they go back to the older style.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 12:56

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 12:54PM
gloriam

I love Windows 8! If anyone is new to it, go to YOUTUBE and do a search on Windows 8, there are many tuturials for it. I got mine in April and and learned a lote from youtube so helpful. Like I said I love windows 8.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 2:54PM
DA_Mccoy

Emma,

You are correct. Windows Blue (v8.1) will be released on October 17 through Windows Update.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-blue-update-to-build-on-and-improve-windows-8-1131737

As to W9 see below:

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: TechRadar

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 8:26PM
emma

Thanks DA.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 9:04PM
luis_pr

I have been looking at some of the movies people have posted in youtube but, ehhh, they are better than microsoft's but not well organized and can frustrating when they say or ask you to try something... and a part of the instructions covers something you cannot do yet.

I am waiting for one that will show me how to control the volume, how to "x" out of a window or show me what Windows Explorer/Games/etc was replaced by. Kind of cheap of Microsoft to not include good ole solitaire anymore...

I am still powering off the PC when I have too much stuff open and cannot close them! LOL! Oh well. You do what you have to do, right?

Thanks for the new link, owbist. Will check it out tomorrow.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 1:03

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:59AM
owbist

Get the games on Windows 8. How-To Geek shows you how to copy the games folder from Windows 7 to Windows 8. If you nolonger have a Win 7 machine find a friend :~)

Closing windows. When more than one window is open simply right click on the taskbar icon of the one you wish to close then click to close the program.

If you have a window behind the Start window go to the top left corner and click as it appears.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 6:14AM
More Discussions
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
error message
All of o sudden when I started up my machine this PM...
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
clicking to open a link doesn't work
Recently I had my computer serviced, now when trying...
cornsnake_lover
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
Sponsored Products
Each 54" x 108" Paramount Curtain
$120.00 | Horchow
David Bromstad "Out of the Woods" Artwork
Grandin Road
Couture Montecito Aged Mirror and Capiz Shell Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
F/N Wide Wall Sconce by WPT Design
$301.75 | Lumens
Helios Flushmount by Fredrick Ramond
$299.00 | Lumens