Secunia and Quick Time Player insecure

vala55August 8, 2011

Is anyone else having a problem with Quick Time Player V 7.69.80.9 being found insecure by Secunia? Everything works fine, Itunes plays. I have tried repair, clicked on secunia's solutions, uninstalled, re installed and Googling for an answer. Is this anything to be concerned about.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

Almost all popular, complex software is insecure in the sense that there are holes that can be exploited...if not today, maybe tomorrow. When something like Secunia finds a vulnerability, it may be a false positive or it may be totally trivial. You can spend a lot of time trying to chase down stuff like this in the futile quest to make your computer 100% secure. Keep your antivirus up-to-date, run Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware every week or two, and go back to enjoying your computer. The only way to have a relatively secure computer is to have it turned off, disconnected from any power source, locked in a vault, and never used. Just my 2 cents....

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 3:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vala55

Thanks kudzu, I figured it was that way but wanted to confirm it. I always run everything at least once a week or more often if I feel there is a problem. Secunia is new software to me and I wasn't sure. I do like the software.

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
how do I bypass my login?
I recently took my HP laptop to Data Doctors and it...
cornsnake_lover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™