Buy Schluter kit for remodeling shower stall?

janesylviaNovember 19, 2012

I was recommended the Schluter shower kit in a tile store for shower stall remodeling, because it prevents leaking or mold problem.

Is it a very good kit? Would it be easy to use if the contractor never used it before?

Thank you very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schluter®-KERDI-SHOWER-KIT

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phiwwy

Yes definitely. There are many videos on the site then can watch (you should too). I understand from my installer that it's very easy to install and is a really great system. It was used on my steam shower. Will know in a year or 2 how good it really is!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 10:28AM
janesylvia

Phylhl, thank you very much for your information. I'll buy the shower kit.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 11:52AM
dianne47

I used a Schluter system for a shower build a couple of years ago. It was very easy to use, but I spent a LOT of time studying the Schluter videos and followed the directions precisely. I also planned the shower very carefully to know exactly which corners and other accessories I would need. You may need more interior or exterior corners than are provided in a "kit", depending on your shower design. Be meticulous in preparation (studying all the videos and documentation, prepping the wall, etc.) and application of the membrane. I also used the Schluter drain and it was very easy to install. Good luck on your project.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 2:07PM
pricklypearcactus

A tile store I have been working with for several years highly recommends the Schluter shower system. I will be doing my master shower someday (hopefully in the next few years) and have been considering this kit. The tile store also does installs and they said they've been using this kit for years and haven't had a single problem or leak. I hope you'll report back as your shower progresses.

dianne47, glad to hear you've had a good DIY experience with the Schluter shower system. Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:57AM
enduring

Thanks you guys for sharing this info. I promised myself I would call the bathroom remodel I am currently working on "the last project". But I keep thinking about options for our tiny bathroom where we all use the shower, & etc, intensively. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I take a break :) ...but I keep looking at options :/

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™