how to store and identify flash drives?

dahlia6August 13, 2011

I really like the flash drives but wonder what is the best way to store them and identify them? Any hints?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I buy the flash drive wallets which have slots for each one in it, I have bought them at walmart for around $4-5 each and they hold several. You can put a label in the slot with the flash drive or if you have a label maker you can put a label or code right on the flash drive. If you use a code system then just put the list of codes in the storage wallet with those coded ones.
You can also store a document on each flash drive that lists it's contents so that you just insert the flash drive then go to that document file to view what you stored on it.

Case Logic USB Flash Drive Case for 6 Drives, Blue

you can just google flash drive cases for other options

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 1:37PM
homebound

My main problem is leaving them behind or losing them in a desk drawer, etc. That in mind, I tie a bright ribbon to each so I can see them better.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 11:15AM
mikie_gw

I stick mine in a tiny clear vacuum seal grocery store bought refrigerator container. Has no name ... hmm.. says loosen lid when you microwave it.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 11:21AM
owbist

Ha ha, I have 6 identical thumb drives numbered 1 through 6 with marker. Makes no difference as each contains data that was relevant when I copied it to the drive. There are too small to note much on the sides really. These are used when I go to fix computers mostly.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 12:29PM
grandms

I have three of various sizes and have to stick into computer and view files to see what's on them. Yep, I do need a better method of organizing.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 9:02PM
daylilydayzed

I have 8 thumb drives and I use the case that RavenCajun uses but mine is black in color.I use on drive strictly for my Password reset information. I also use them to carry programs to my husband's laptop since it is on the table in the kitchen area and my computer is near our front door. I had to do that tonight since he had no antivirus installed. Daughter had bought the laptop for him for Father's day but she uses it sometimes .I downloaded avast to my thumb drive and took the drive to the computer where he was at and installed avast on it for him. I am a little more computer savvy than he is so if anything goes wrong he is always asking me for help.

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
Problem watching videos from Yahoo on Android tablet
Yahoo videos won't play on my Android tablet. Videos...
Lisa_in_Germany
switching mouse button
I'm using the mouse with my left hand and can't get...
Snomam
I-Pad Backup Help or Need?
I need advise on or need for backing up my wife's I-pad. Wife...
chas045
clicking to open a link doesn't work
Recently I had my computer serviced, now when trying...
cornsnake_lover
Sponsored Products
Aya Fountain by Campania International
SerenityHealth
Wingate Non-Monogrammed Entry Mat
$79.00 | FRONTGATE
Periwinkle Blue Handbag Hangup Single-Sided Purse Organizer
$8.49 | zulily
Kenroy Home Wall Mounted Boulder Large Wall Mount Outdoor Copper Lantern
Home Depot
Tranquility Rug 5' x 8' - COBALT
$779.00 | Horchow