Plumbing for kids bathroom

doregNovember 12, 2012

This site has been extremely helpful throughout our remodel.

We are redoing the main bathroom. A few questions:

- Faucet: Is a 10" high single hole bathroom faucet too high and will it cause splashing? We have 3 messy boys. The 5" high single hole faucet appears too small for 72" double sink vanity.

-Showe: We want to install a handheld shower on a bar with nothing else. We thought this would help shower at various height. Will I regret this?

Thank you in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamattorney

I don't know on the first question, but number 2 should be just fine. Our master bath shower has a stationary head on one wall and a bar with a handheld on the other and I don't think we've even turned on the stationary head more than three times in the 7 years we've lived in the house. We exclusively use the handheld on the bar. Plus,two of our kids take 98% of their showers in this same shower as well, so it gets moved up and down all the time as you anticipate. No problems at all. Ours is by Moen if that helps.

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 3:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doreg

Thank you. The decision for the shower seems so final and I don't want to regret anything. I definitely want the handheld on bar for kids bath. For master bath, I was going to get a stationary head on 1 side and a handheld without a bar on the other side. Though I learned today that the bar costs only $75 more since I will be purchasing a package. Are plumbing costs higher for handheld on bar? I am on the fence about handheld with or without bar for our shower.

As for the faucet, I decided on a 5" Grohe. The 10" was too big and I anticiapte that it would cause a big mess!

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™