appliance advice

katieySeptember 28, 2012

We are planning on selling our house within the next 2-5 years, our kitchen is falling apart (ceramic tiles are cracked due to cheap set-fill, cheap cabinets, soffets) so we are planning on doing a total remodel. We live in a nice area, houses range in the $500-800 range. My question is how much does quality appliances help when selling, should I get a built in sub zero refrigerator or can I get a free standing one? I hate the thought of spending $20,000 on appliances if we won't be there 10 years to enjoy them. We need all new appliances as well since most of them are 20 years old. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

I would get the opinion of a couple of real estate agents as to what would be prudent. Ask for a couple of options. You might be there 5 years, so you have to consider that too.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 6:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakvis

I've always heard that kitchens give back the biggest bank for your buck when selling a home. Things to be careful of is that you don't over-upgrade for the neighborhood that your in. If your in a Built-in refrigerator neighborhood, get a Sub Zero. If it's not a Built-in area but you want to show built in for a quicker sale maybe go for a KitchenAid instead.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
steam oven instead of a warming drawer?
So, I have decided to get a tiny cheap microwave instead...
Dietitian
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
30 inch dishwasher from Dacor?
Hi! I am a constant-lurker who is in the planning stages...
home4all6
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™