Tile backsplash for granite counter--- anyone have pictures?

stayn2busyNovember 20, 2010

Our master bathroom vanities have Sienna Bordeaux Light granite (white base with gray, brown veining) My dilemma is what to use for the back splash and how high should it go. The fabricator talked me out of the granite back splash, saying most people did tile or stone. I can't find any pictures with bathroom vanities done like this. I've got to decide within the next two days what I'm going to do. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated!! The cabinets are dover white, floor is neutral travertine, walls are SW Silvermist and sinks, tubs are white.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steveinjersey

Hello,

Here's a photo of a tile job I did, that I think is similar to what you're thinking of. The tile comes up about 4 feet up the walls, and is full behind the vanity.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 8:25AM
monicakm_gw

We did two rows of glass tile with a travertine border on top. In fact it goes around the entire bathroom.
Monica

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile Backsplash

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 9:53AM
gbsim1

I'd do what you want to do.... the fabricator doesn't know the look you are after.

We used a tile in our shower and that's the only place that I wanted it. Used the granite for both the backsplash of the vanity and also for the edging around the undermount tub. In my case, using the tile from the shower would have made the bathroom much busier than I'd have liked.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 4:11PM
stayn2busy

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your beautiful baths. Monica I love your glass tiles, what a gorgeous bathroom. Gbism, I love the granite surround on your tub. I think I've decided to go with carrera marble 3x6 tiles edged with pencil trim. When it's done, I'll try to remember to post some pics on here. Thanks again for taking the time to post some pics!

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 12:10AM
slc2053

Here's ours...not the best photo...but we used glass tiles (12" x 12" mesh backing) in the shower which you can see to the right, then we cut these in half and ran them along the back of the vanity.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 10:20AM
staceyneil

Your bathroom sounds very pretty! Please don't forget to post pics when you are done....

I'm doing something similar to Steve... I am using a white 4x4 in a running bond pattern up to about 4 feet all around the room. My vanity is an antique dresser and the top is marble/quartzite (Vermont White) which is grey/white. The tile will extend about 10" above the vanity top.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 11:46AM
houseful

We went up about six inches or so. If you want more pics and can wait until Friday, I can download some model home pics that I have.

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 11:04AM
janealexa

bump

Bookmark   October 20, 2011 at 11:25AM
More Discussions
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™