Do you know how to unlock my PC from FBI warnings?

jessicoAugust 10, 2012

Hi there! I`m new her and I`m looking for some help to solve the following PC problem I have experienced lately. Yesterday when I rebooted my PC I saw a message sent to my computer from FBI. It said that my PC had been locked because of my illegal actions. I was asked to pay some fee to unlock my PC. Now my PC is still LOCKED and I can`t use it at all. Please, if you know how I can remove the message and fix my PC, tell me! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
genes

Follow this guide:

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI scam

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 8:07AM
shaxhome

It's yet another malware scam...

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI Warning

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 8:08AM
genes

Check out this video too

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI warning scam

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 8:11AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

why don't you go over to LzD forum and the team will help you get rid of that fully with a few scans that way you will know it is all gone and nothing else is lurking.
go there and register, start a new thread of your own in the Malware removal area I link to here. And post exactly what you have posted here. do NOT click anything on that FBI warning or mess with it at all.

Analysis and Malware Removal

If you need assistance let me know I am there also.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:09PM
kudzu9

jessico-
After you get this fixed, we should continue this thread. To avoid a similar incident in the future, we should have a dialogue with you about what kind of anti-virus you do -- or don't -- have, and what you might have clicked on to install the virus in the first place.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:11PM
jessico

Well, see what happened. I was offline for some time this is why I was unable to tell you the conclusion of my incident. I read carefully all your advices and I also searched for more details on google. I found different articles describing the problem, this one for example http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/06/26/remove-fbi-moneypak-virus/ and I came to the decision that I have to use some automated tool if I didn`t want to find that my system had crashed due to my poor attempts to fix it. So I downloaded Malwarebytes and run it. It detected some infection and after I removed it the PC worked again as it had never been locked. Thank you for your help guys!

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 8:16AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

yes you would have been told to do that at the forum I linked you to but there are other scans to do that will determine if all aspects of that infection are gone or if some still lurk and you really want to know that don't you?
Just go to the LzD link I provided post a thread there and run a few scans guided by some great people and then you will know for sure.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 1:51PM
More Discussions
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
Foxit Reader - Edit Previus Typing
How is it done? Let's say I'm on line 12 of a form...
mxyplux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™