Zone Alarm's System Check Software

luis_prAugust 26, 2012

I received a try out for a piece of software from Zone Alarm called System Check, powered by IOLO Technologies. I am confused by the name, sometimes it is called System Mechanic and other times System Check. Not terriby important though...

It found some things to fix on my PC but, yes, it only detects problems and does not fix them unless you fork over the price of a new rose bush (can't remember exactly how much but maybe around $25).

Two questions that I have:

Does anyone else have it? Care to give your two cents on how do you like (or not)?

Does anyone think there is a better or cheaper alternative out there? Care to give your two cents on alternatives that you like or do not like?

TIA, Luis

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

First you need to see if this is a legit program called System Mechanic or a virus called System check - from what I have just read.

What are you trying to achieve?
What operating system do you have?

Only you can decide if you wish to spend the money, I like free programs personally.

This is one of those cases where I advise something I always fail to do myself. One should create a Restore point prior to installing stuff so they can revert if the new software does not live up to expectation.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 7:13AM
grandms

I would not waste my money. You can do the same thing with any number of free programs. I use CCleaner along with the tools provided by Microsoft on your computer such as disk cleanup and defragmenter. I do use Auslogics defragmenter since it is faster than the onboard MS one. You can clean up your hard drive by uninstalling programs that you never use. Just no need for a paid program that just might mess up things for you.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 10:10PM
zep516

I agree don't waste the money and follow grandms suggestions. Zone Alarms program is called System checkup.

Joe

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™