Help?

sassydAugust 20, 2011

Can someone please be kind enough to help me.... with a hacker situation? Seriously, I know this happens all the time on FB but this is personal and its got to stop and I don't know how.

I realize she can delete the account but thats not the point. Its more than personal now. If you're interested in helping please email me at dianehardee@ymail.com I can't thank you enough if you can help. We have every reason to believe its a family member, just don't know how to be sure. (Yeah, I know...its disgusting) Please help, I know you guys know, just tell me what info you need.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sassyd

Wow!

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 4:31AM
sassyd

Well thats just great, hacked everywhere............screw it. I don't even care anymore, have fun.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 5:12AM
azinoh

So...it took only 1 hour 13 minutes to go from "please help" to "I don't even care anymore". Makes me glad that I've never gone anywhere near FB. If it's really this bad, I'd normally suggest to reinstall Windows and run it from a user account, not as administrator. On the other hand, there's always Linux.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 6:40AM
owbist

I cannot help with anything Facebook but I would like to suggest you never add your full email address to an open forum. You never know who may be lurking and you leave yourself open to possible abuse. You obviously used an address when you registered here and other member should know how to contact you there to maintain your anonymity.

Also, anyone offering help here on the forum gives lurkers an opportunity to learn things too.

You could tell us the names of the safety programs you use, when they were last updated and when you last ran a full scan with each of them.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 6:40AM
mikie_gw

When someone has access to your Facebook account and think your computer hacked ... go to neighbor or friends and open a new email account, change your facebook email & password. Go home scan your computer with SuperAntiSpyware & anything else you like.. change your router security, make sure remote access is off... especially wifi security.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 7:57AM
More Discussions
'Unnetworking' a computer
Trying to help a friend with his Vista computer. Something...
jane__ny
Problem watching videos from Yahoo on Android tablet
Yahoo videos won't play on my Android tablet. Videos...
Lisa_in_Germany
Super-AntiSpyware - where do I go to get it?
Super-antispyware - that IS the GOOD one, isn't it?...
Janey - formerly jane2
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
Help with color on my images
I take pictures and on my camera they are a good color...
berk
Sponsored Products
Paradise Indoor/Outdoor Runner 2' x 8' - GREEN
$199.00 | Horchow
Frasier Leather Sofa - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Snow Curl Beard Santa D├ęcor
$12.99 | zulily
Runner: Covington Suncrest Azure 2' 6" x 8' 6"
Home Depot
French Rooster 7 1/2" Wide Black Mini Pendant
$99.99 | Lamps Plus