Bosch downdraft installation - help!

sblcSeptember 19, 2012

We're beginning construction on a new home and have planned on a Bosch 30" induction cooktop and downdraft ventiliation with a remote blower. According to the Bosch website, we also need to install a 6" transition piece, # DHZDHR6. Our builder needs to know the dimensions of the transition piece, but they're not available on the Bosch website, or any of the appliance websites. And a phone call to Bosch resulted in them saying that 'yes, you need the piece, and yes, we have no information on it!' Since I won't be taking delivery of the appliances for a few months, I'm wondering it anyone has any information on this system and what the requirements are. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaseki

Many manufacturers provide on-line copies of their products' installation manuals. You may find one on the Bosch website. If so, it may be possible to answer the question from the information it provides.

Appliance showrooms carrying the product should also be able to dig up the installation manuals that were shipped with the units that they have on display.

While having a bunch of appliances hanging around during construction may be inconvenient, their presence can facilitate answering a lot of questions. And the installation manuals are then at hand for planning and design.

kas

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 9:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

If you're building a new house, think strongly about an overhead hood instead of a downdraft. It will work much better and now's the time to do it.

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 12:06AM
More Discussions
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™